Senior Interior Designer
Metford Design – Mississauga, ON
Metford Design is a full-service Interior Design firm specializing in corporate office interiors. In business for the past 30 years, Metford Design has established an exceptional reputation in the industry. We're looking for a forward-looking Senior Designer to play a key role within our organization. If you are a seasoned Interior Designer who takes extreme pride in your work, we would love to hear from you.
· Minimum 8+ years Interior Design experience, ideally with a minimum 3 years specializing in corporate office interiors or related discipline.
· Degree/Diploma in Interior Design or Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited institution.
· Strong AutoCAD skills with significant experience working on permit and construction drawings.
· Strong working knowledge of the OBC. BCIN an asset.
· Excellent space planning skills.
· Competent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word).
· Experience in construction administration an asset.
· Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative, team based environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced setting juggling multiple projects and priorities.
· Attention to detail is a must.
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage team priorities and client relationships.
· Manage design projects and team members as required.
· Prepare plans and details using AutoCAD.
· Prepare and review permit and construction drawings.
· Develop design concepts in keeping with client requirements, industry standards and the OBC.
· Site inspections and verification.
· Interact with clients on an ongoing basis.
· Finish selection and product specification.
· Co-ordinate drawings with engineers and architects.
· Review consultants’ drawings and shop drawings.
· Liaise with city building departments during the permit application process.
· Co-ordinate with contractors during the construction phase. Attend construction meetings. Prepare deficiency reports.
· Work with suppliers to ensure product knowledge and maintain our library. Keep up to date on latest trends and product launches.
Only emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered