Metford Design was established in 1987, and is a complete service Interior Design firm specializing in the corporate and commercial market.
MDC is Bill 124 Registered (qualified by the Ministry of Housing to produce construction and permit drawings) and LEED CI (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Commercial Interiors) certified.
We are committed to the quality of design in the support of your prosperity. To survive in today's intensely competitive world, each and every company must ensure that it is as productive as possible. A significant increase in corporate efficiency and effectiveness will result from a good office design that properly supports the employees requirements.
We believe each and every client has his or her own unique needs. The first priority of MDC in office relocation or restructuring is to analyze your current and planned needs in order to improve your productivity and efficiency. Each of your employees, and their job functions, are surveyed and analyzed to establish present and planned equipment, furniture and departmental requirements.
The set of services offered by MDC to support your corporate needs are rounded out by our extended set of project, construction and moving management programs for the implementation of your new office.
Interior Design & Space Planning:
- Site suitability evaluation
- Site auditing
- Preliminary concept development & design
- Space analysis studies
- Feasibility studies
- Space planning
- Work area analysis
- Workflow / organization flow analysis (relationships & juxtaposition)
- Construction / permit drawings (including Mechanical, Electrical & Structural Engineered drawings)
- Custom millwork design & detailing
- Furniture Inventory & asset management
- Construction & project management
- Move management
Construction & Project Management:
- Project management
- Permit application
- Liaise with City Hall during the permit review period
- Preparation of preliminary budgets
- Review & selection of a contractor for construction management, or tender drawings & specifications to general contractors to obtain bid prices.
- Site visits to oversee all site activities, with special attention to partition layouts, soundproofing, and location of outlets & lighting, resolution of interference between trades, detailing, workmanship, and building code requirements.
- Monitor project scheduling and advise of updates as appropriate.
- Maintain an up-to-date spreadsheet budget, tracking change notices, field instructions, or other cost-variances as they arise.
- Attend site meetings with contractor and sub-trades as appropriate & review meeting minutes prepared by contractor.
- Establish terms of payment for contractor, review periodic draws and certify payments to commensurate with work completed to date, and that hold-backs are retained in accordance with the Construction Lien Act.
- Prepare periodic site inspection reports outlining deficiencies and update as items are completed.
- Conduct final inspection to certify substantial completion and withhold sufficient funds to ensure deficiencies can be rectified.
- Confirm that appropriate manuals, documents, and instructions are turned over to the client.
- Issue Certificate of Substantial Completion and sign-off on final completion and payment of hold-back monies.